none
No longer can activate using automate phone activation

Question

• Hi,

I running Vista in my virtual machine, and I often screw it up (and I forgot to backup), ends up I need to reactivate my Vista again and again. It won't let me do online activation anymore, so I've to activate via automate phone, but now the phone option failed as well (it said something like this key already activated), so the only option for me is to talk to the customer service officer, and I have to do this every time when I want to activate my Vista.

Is there any chance of reseting the counter and let me gain back my online activation? It's a pain to activate via the key given by customer service officer every time.

Stephen Saw
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 7:45 PM

Answers

• "Stephen Saw" wrote in message news:f1328f53-2672-4cc4-9d3b-3f895f128f6b...

Hi,

I running Vista in my virtual machine, and I often screw it up (and I forgot to backup), ends up I need to reactivate my Vista again and again. It won't let me do online activation anymore, so I've to activate via automate phone, but now the phone option failed as well (it said something like this key already activated), so the only option for me is to talk to the customer service officer, and I have to do this every time when I want to activate my Vista.

Is there any chance of reseting the counter and let me gain back my online activation? It's a pain to activate via the key given by customer service officer every time.

Stephen Saw

Not a chance, I’m afraid – you need to learn to look after your system, and make an image of the installation before you screw it up – then you can do so with impunity (almost <g>)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 10:53 PM