After 90-days trial, activation redirecting to get.live.com RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I would like to buy Windows Live OneCare, after the 90-days trial installed on a Canadian computer from a location in Chile 90 days ago. Everything went well and now I would like to purchase the program to continue on using it. I created a windows live id but when I click on "suscribe now" it redirects me to get.live.com over and over again.

I followed Stephen Boots' advice and changed the IE language to spanish to reflect my current geographic position...

Why is it still not working?!

Thanks!

Monday, December 24, 2007 12:02 AM

Answers

• Since OneCare is not available in Chile at this time, per the FAQ post you are referring to, you cannot activate your copy of OneCare while physically located in Chile.

You can use the following unapproved and unsupported workaround:

Create a new LiveID. Contact a trusted friend in the US, Canada, or other country where OneCare is sold and available and provide that person with the LiveID, Password, and a OneCare product key. Have them log in with the LiveID at http://onecare.live.com/activate and use the option to activate with a PIN or token using the product key from inside the retail box. They will not be installing OneCare and cannot use the key again.

Once that has been completed, change the password on the LiveID. (You can only trust people so far...) Then open OneCare on your PC and activate it with the LiveID used to create the subscription. Reinstalls and installs to the 2nd and 3rd PC do not perform the check for IP and language (at this time, at least), so you won't need to repeat the process again.

I will remind you that the above is not an approved workaround and the process may cease working at any time.

-steve

Monday, December 24, 2007 2:03 PM