Home Server Transport Service Crashing after recent updates - HP MediaSmart Server EX475 RRS feed

• Question

• After automatic updates installed to PP1 on 4/15/09, all backups ceased and when I remote into the server, I keep getting error messages indicating that the Home Server Transport Service keeps crashing.  I've had my server for more than a year and haven't had any other issues with it.  My Home Server Console is greyed out on all network pcs.  

Monday, April 20, 2009 9:48 PM

Answers

• After automatic updates installed to PP1 on 4/15/09, all backups ceased and when I remote into the server, I keep getting error messages indicating that the Home Server Transport Service keeps crashing.  I've had my server for more than a year and haven't had any other issues with it.  My Home Server Console is greyed out on all network pcs.  

Have you tried rebooting the server?  Have you tried starting the service manually?  If so, what error message do you get?  You could also try contacting HP for support (although I guess it may not be under warranty any more).
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:14 AM