Can't Open Money Using Live ID RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had my less than 2 year old hard drive crash on my HP Pavilion.  I was able to use Microsoft Money on this PC and a prior Gateway PC without any passwords for years (using XP and Vista).  Now I have Windows 7 instead of Vista and just discovered this Windows Live ID instead of my beloved Outlook and calendar.  I am still finding my way around Windows 7 and am more than a little perplexed.  But my major problem is now I need to use my Windows Live ID (which I now have) to sign into my reinstalled Money.  I can't get past the sign in page!  It won't accept my live sign in and when I click to work offline, it still ask for a password, or more exact, it tells me I can't leave the password block blank.  When I click on "file" my choices are:  New/ Open/ restore/convert quicken file of which none works.  Why do I need a password with Windows 7 when I never needed one with Vista?  I never used Money to get data from my online accounts before and I didn't intend to start. But I really like Money and the way I can itemize my expenses and income, plan for future bills, etc.  I knew when I purchased this version of Money that it would be discontinued BUT I didn't expect such outright abandonment.  This has been going on for over a week and I am getting antsy about my finances.  At first I wanted to blame the guy who transferred data from my old drive to my new one.  But I know now it has nothing to do with him.  I wonder if I was able to stay with Vista, would this problem have occurred?

Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:22 PM

All replies

• I only hope that you really did not have a Live ID on your Money file, and that Money is not actually asking for a Live ID in the message. Do not attempt to change your Live ID. I hope you did not do so already. No good would come of that. What I really am hoping that it is asking for a password, and that this a bogus request.

Are you using Money 2005? If so, be glad you had this problem now instead of a week from now.

Let's guess you are not in the US and you are not in the US. If that is the case, look at the sticky thread near the top that has "2005" in its title. Do not put this off.

If you are not using Money 2005 or you are in the US, check back quickly with the with more info.

Friday, January 28, 2011 6:13 AM