Cannot view backup files! RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to View files from a volume backup I'm getting the following error:

"Cannot find a backup for this time."

(This appears when I click the "Open..." button on the Backup Details dialog)

I'm concerned that I won't be able to restore my files. Any ideas why this is happening?

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 6:08 AM

Answers

• It seems that i was missing to turn off UAC. I did and it worked. I hope WHS team fixes this as turning UAC off is not a good thing (according to the Vista recommendations)
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:59 AM

All replies

• Are yoy trying to view the backup files from the client or WHS? Also, people have reported that if you are using vista, make sure you turn off UAC.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 12:09 PM
  • It seems that i was missing to turn off UAC. I did and it worked. I hope WHS team fixes this as turning UAC off is not a good thing (according to the Vista recommendations)
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:59 AM
  •  1ne wrote:
    Are yoy trying to view the backup files from the client or WHS? Also, people have reported that if you are using vista, make sure you turn off UAC.

I have a client with Vista RC2 and never had to turn off UAC.  Maybe this only applies to the rtm version of vista?  Now if I could only get my XP Pro clients to be able to view backups...

Thursday, May 17, 2007 5:14 PM