Windows Home Server - 10 Client (OEM License) question? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there I have now a acer easystore h340 with WHS but the remote desktop only allows me to connect 2 users and I was thinking to upgrade my server with Windows Home Server - 10 Client (OEM License) but if I do upgrade to the Windows Home Server - 10 Client (OEM License) will be possible to connect 10 user via RDP?
    regards

Saturday, June 20, 2009 9:24 PM

Answers

• No. Connecting to your server using Remote Desktop is unsupported; the mode in which Terminal Servides runs on your server is called "Remote Desktop for Administration", which allows a maximum of two connections. In addition, your server is not designed to be used as a Remote Desktop/application server, and doing so runs a risk of data loss if you use any of the tools that are exposed through the desktop, but not the Windows Home Server console. In addition, using Windows Home Server is a direct violation of the End User License Agreement, which prohibits such use.

All that said, installing a small utility program or two is usually pretty harmless, as long as it doesn't need to interact with the files in your shares, or make changes to disk configuration or web server settings.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Sunday, June 21, 2009 12:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sussilue Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:23 AM
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 9:59 PM

All replies

• No. Connecting to your server using Remote Desktop is unsupported; the mode in which Terminal Servides runs on your server is called "Remote Desktop for Administration", which allows a maximum of two connections. In addition, your server is not designed to be used as a Remote Desktop/application server, and doing so runs a risk of data loss if you use any of the tools that are exposed through the desktop, but not the Windows Home Server console. In addition, using Windows Home Server is a direct violation of the End User License Agreement, which prohibits such use.

All that said, installing a small utility program or two is usually pretty harmless, as long as it doesn't need to interact with the files in your shares, or make changes to disk configuration or web server settings.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Sunday, June 21, 2009 12:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sussilue Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:23 AM
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 9:59 PM
  • Thx for you reply

Regards
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:21 AM