Running batch script as administrator but entering non admin user password crashes the script RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All 
    I have written a windows batch script that needs administrative privilege to function commands within the script. So when I run the script with "Run as administrator" and provide administrator credentials the script goes fine. 

However when a user runs the script with "Run as administrator" and provide non admin I mean normal user password the script crashes and it hangs up the computer which requires PC restart to get back normal state!!!

Could anyone please help giving ideas?
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:50 PM This is not break/fix forum
    Monday, October 23, 2017 7:25 AM

All replies

• Sorry but this is not a support forum for system problems.  You cannot elevate a non-admin account.  Call MS Support for assistance with you issue.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, October 23, 2017 7:53 AM
  • Well, I consider it is scripting forum :) individual may have ideas.

I am not trying elevate non-admin account. End user may not have admin account and they are always intuitive put some other user. My question is login prompt should bounce back if user is non-admin to enter correct admin user again !!!

Monday, October 23, 2017 8:10 AM
  • It is a system error and cannot be resolved via a script.  Any user can ask to elevate anything.  The error should never occur.  Troubleshoot and fix the system.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, October 23, 2017 9:16 AM