Got SQL 2005 Standard Edition "for Itanium-based Systems" instead of the Normal Standard Edition.. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Forum,

This is my first time posting a question on Microsoft forum, so please bear with me if I am posting this question in the wrong place!!  

I have purchased SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition from Amazon and shipped it to Baghdad where I live. Upon receiving it, I noticed a phrase (which actually I didn't care about in the first) on the CDs (For Itanium Based Systems is written on the CDs). Now I cannot install it on my Xeon server, as this version is made to compatible with only Itanium processors. I have installed the evaluation copy and I need to know if I can activate the full version of the normal Standard Edition using the product Key that came along with the system that I've purchased (Itanium-based copy). Not being able to proceed this way means that I will throw away a thousand and fifty bucks!! Please help.

Regards,

Ammar.

• Changed type Ammar Al-Eessa Monday, December 23, 2013 10:44 AM Didnt get a reply until now.
    Sunday, December 22, 2013 7:43 AM