Trouble with loading ASP.NET aplication related to IIS Worker Process RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

My problem is what follows:

I have an ASP.NET aplication (with vb), that connects with a Web Service in a Windows Server. This aplication makes querys and inserts records into a SQL database. 

After many hours of days of user connections, it begins to give errors and page cannot be loaded. The page keeps thinking forever. When I restart the IIS Worker Process, everything goes well. The page loads in a second and the aplication speed is good.

Sometimes, the %CPU of IIS Worker Process, reaches 95%, but I could see that the most times that the page fails, this %, does not reach even the 10%, so I can't prevent the page collapse.

Do you have any idea of what could be happening here?

Thanks a lot to everyone.

Best regards.

Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:06 AM

All replies

• Very little chance that your question is related to VB. 

It looks to IIS. Microsoft has a forum for that although it is well hidden.

https://forums.iis.net/

Success
    Cor

Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:37 AM
  • After many hours of days of user connections, it begins to give errors and page cannot be loaded

And the errors are what that you are not posting?

Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:36 AM
  • After many hours of days of user connections, it begins to give errors and page cannot be loaded

And the errors are what that you are not posting?

You must not reply here (that is what you normally only post why in this case not)

Cor

• Edited by Cor Ligthert Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:12 AM
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:12 AM
  • Page gives typical "yellow screen" errors as: Error "/" in aplication. Each time I have an error, it is different. 

It appears to be something of the number of connections with the SQL. May it be?

Thanks to all

Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:25 PM
  • Page gives typical "yellow screen" errors as: Error "/" in aplication. Each time I have an error, it is different. 

It appears to be something of the number of connections with the SQL. May it be?

Thanks to all

Yes, your application may not be disposing of connections properly that can be causing the problem. It could be another application or applications that may not be disposing of connections properly. Connection pooling may not be used properly by the applications running on the Web server accessing SQL Server. 
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:36 PM