security role RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys,

i got a little bit confused with security role.

i understand that security role in crm has : none, user, business unit, parent:child business unit,  and organization access level.

And each entity has the permission : create, read, write, delete, append, append to, assign, and share.

but what is the difference, when i set permission "create" on "user level" and on "business unit"? both of them still can create record.

thanks for your help

Monday, October 3, 2011 4:18 PM

Answers

• User-level means that you have the privilege but only for records that you own. While business Unit means you have the privilege for any records that is owned by a suer/team in your business unit.

In the case of "create" the difference is that if you only have "user level" on create then you cannot create a new record and specify the owner to be somebody else, you would olny be able to create a record for which you will become the owner.

This link might also be useful to find more details: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334717.aspx

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Monday, October 3, 2011 4:57 PM

All replies

• User-level means that you have the privilege but only for records that you own. While business Unit means you have the privilege for any records that is owned by a suer/team in your business unit.

In the case of "create" the difference is that if you only have "user level" on create then you cannot create a new record and specify the owner to be somebody else, you would olny be able to create a record for which you will become the owner.

This link might also be useful to find more details: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334717.aspx

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Monday, October 3, 2011 4:57 PM
  • ah, i understand now.

Thanks Gonzalo

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:01 AM