Mixing .Net with COM RRS feed

• Question

• I have legacy VB 6.0 COM code for Add-ins to Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.  I need to integrate a new messaging service that was developed under .Net (C#).  The code works fine on a computer with VS 2005 and VB 6.0. However, I can't get the code to work on a deployed system.  I tried creating manifests for the VB code and generated manifests for the .Net code, however, I have not been able to make that work on either system.  I simply get a message that the configuration is incorrect and suggest I re-install the software.

My next step is to try to repeat the registration free walk through and substitute a C# .Net dll for the SideBySide dll.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms973913.aspx

At this point I'm not opptomistic that will work either.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Jeff
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 7:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Answered my own quetions.  regasm.

Jeff
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:07 PM
  • Hi Jeff

I'm glad you found an answer. FWIW nothing in your scenario has to do with VSTO. For questions concerning VB6 you should use the newsgroups. For .NET + COM I recommend the set of "Interop" forums you'll find on this server. There are some useful links in the VSTO forum's Please Read First message.

I'm going to move this message thread to the off-topic forum.
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:30 AM