Windows Home Edition XP RRS feed

• Question

• I had a problem with Windows XP when I first purchased this computer from a friend. It had some viruses and was totally messed up that I had to redo everything but the cd I had was of Windows Vista and it has the message" This is not a genuine version" I want to go back to Windows XP home version but I do not know how??
    Monday, July 4, 2011 10:35 PM

Answers

• If you do not have a genuine Windows XP, there is not much you can do since Windows XP CDs are no longer available.  Perhaps you should consider purchasing a new computer with Windows 7 preinstalled. Some examples.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, July 4, 2011 11:17 PM

All replies

• If you do not have a genuine Windows XP, there is not much you can do since Windows XP CDs are no longer available.  Perhaps you should consider purchasing a new computer with Windows 7 preinstalled. Some examples.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, July 4, 2011 11:17 PM
  • I meant to put Vista my apologies :)
    Monday, July 4, 2011 11:21 PM
  • If you currently have Windows Vista installed, you cannot return to Windows XP unless you have a genuine Windows XP CD which is required to perform a "clean install".
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, July 4, 2011 11:34 PM
  • "jchamberlain08" wrote in message news:f1713e1d-d7b0-49c6-995b-6b42823d9ad4...
    I had a problem with Windows XP when I first purchased this computer from a friend. It had some viruses and was totally messed up that I had to redo everything but the cd I had was of Windows Vista and it has the message" This is not a genuine version" I want to go back to Windows XP home version but I do not know how??

Contact the manufacturer, and order a set of Recovery Disks from them for your machine.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:32 AM