none
Vote as Helpful returns error if used in both 'all replies' section and 'answer' section RRS feed

• Question

• With the addition of the 'Answer' section, which shows the answer, and then repeats the entire thread in a following section 'All replies', it's possible to try to mark a reply as "Helpful" twice.

This only occurs if it's the reply thats marked as an answer. When attempted, the forums display an error dialog with an obtuse error message in it. This error appears non-fatal for other features on the page.

Ideally, when the answer reply is voted as helpful, the duplicate copy should remove the link.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can anyone repro this?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, May 28, 2012 12:10 AM
    Owner
  • This seems to be fixed now. Please reply if you can repro!

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:28 PM
    Owner
  • I got a strange related problem yesterday - I was reading one of the Celko's posts and decided I'll vote it up. When I voted, I saw 2 helpful votes (it was 0 before). So, either somebody voted a few seconds before me or some weird bug got triggered.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:32 AM
  • I got a strange related problem yesterday - I was reading one of the Celko's posts and decided I'll vote it up. When I voted, I saw 2 helpful votes (it was 0 before). So, either somebody voted a few seconds before me or some weird bug got triggered.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Could be the former (two people voting). We'll see if we can repro.

Friday, June 8, 2012 12:19 AM
    Owner