Recognition System Enquiry RRS feed

• Question

• Respected Sir,

Please explain me the recognition system of this forum as when we earn bronze medal, silver medal and gold medal.... There is one more medal which shows 1 of 5 or 2 of 5, what is it and how it increases from 1 to other numbers max 5.... Please reply.

Roozan Parvez Bharucha MCT, MCITP (SQL Server 2008, Windows 7 Admin), MCTS (SQL Server 2008, Windows 7 Config, .NET Frmwk 3.5, .NET Frmwk 4.0 (Windows)), MCPD Enterprize App (Frmwk 3.5), MCPD Windows (Frmwk 4.0) CEO, RajAryanTech
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:50 AM

Answers

• I got the answer to the medals points

0 - 0 medals

1 - 1 - 750

2 - 751 and above

Visit the Forum Help file for more details.

Regards

Roozan Parvez Bharucha MCT, MCITP (SQL Server 2008, Windows 7 Admin), MCTS (SQL Server 2008, Windows 7 Config, .NET Frmwk 3.5, .NET Frmwk 4.0 (Windows)), MCPD Enterprize App (Frmwk 3.5), MCPD Windows (Frmwk 4.0) CEO, RajAryanTech
    • Marked as answer by Rex Honour Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:39 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:21 AM
  • Hi Sean,

Edit your profile and dont leave any field blank, match each field to their desired criterion and you will be the winner of bronze

Regards

• Marked as answer by Rex Honour Friday, April 29, 2011 2:30 AM
    Friday, April 29, 2011 2:29 AM
  • Hi Naomi Mam,

I just edited my profile first time I entered MSDN blogs and got a bronze.  The difference might be here :

1. I am a Microsoft Partner

2. I edited my profile twice

Thanks and Regards,

• Marked as answer by Rex Honour Friday, April 29, 2011 7:33 AM
    Friday, April 29, 2011 7:33 AM

All replies

• See my reply in this thread.

See also: Microsoft TechNet Forums Help.

Regards,
    Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:11 AM
  • Respected Sir,

I went through your entire FAQ page.

I still am confused with the medallion system... I posted an article on Wiki Technet, but no bronze medal is achieved, second question is Partner is not displayed under my name automatically though I am associated with Microsoft Partner and own a firm partnered as RajAryanTech, thirdly, 1 of 5 or 2 of 5 how are they increased in number... please reply.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:23 AM
  • Re: Partner displaying - have you been through and signed into the Partner portal? We need to know your Live ID on that portal to sync it into the Forums.

As to the new system, I replied on the thread Vincenzo linked to (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/suggest/thread/154ec3ee-881e-4410-aa0e-5786d78c16ff) - we are still in the process of getting the new system across all of the applications so not everything you do is currently being recognized. It will eventually, it'll just take a few months to get everyone over.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:50 PM
  • Hi Sean Sir,

Yes, I have been through with with the partner portal since october 2010.  My live ID on that portal is Bharucha.Roozan@gmail.com and my organization name is RajAryanTech and Organization ID is 3060678.  Please display Microsoft Partner under every name i post...

Thanks,

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:01 AM
  • I got the answer to the medals points

0 - 0 medals

1 - 1 - 750

2 - 751 and above

Visit the Forum Help file for more details.

Regards

• Marked as answer by Rex Honour Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:39 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:21 AM
  • Your Partner status is showing up with your profile page but not on the forums right now. I've requested the Forums team to investigate.
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:25 PM
  • Sean

Now what I don't understand is the profile completion bronze. Not that it is a big achievement, but how is a profile considered as complete. Is there a secret field that I am missing?

Thanks

http://tekniblog.wordpress.com
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:40 PM
  • It's more of a way to introduce the recognition system to folks :) As long as you complete all your fields (or make changes to them all), you'll get the achievement. We only went back about 8 months in activities to give out the first set so if you don't have it, just edit your profile fields and you'll get it shortly after that. :)
    Friday, April 29, 2011 12:22 AM
  • Hi Sean,

Edit your profile and dont leave any field blank, match each field to their desired criterion and you will be the winner of bronze

Regards

• Marked as answer by Rex Honour Friday, April 29, 2011 2:30 AM
    Friday, April 29, 2011 2:29 AM
  • Hi Sean Sir,

What would be an approximate time for showing my status as Microsoft Partner in forums...

Regards

Friday, April 29, 2011 2:31 AM
  • I don't think it's that simple. I filled my profile several times in the last few days, but no bronze for this still.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, April 29, 2011 4:31 AM
  • Hi Naomi Mam,

I just edited my profile first time I entered MSDN blogs and got a bronze.  The difference might be here :

1. I am a Microsoft Partner

2. I edited my profile twice

Thanks and Regards,

• Marked as answer by Rex Honour Friday, April 29, 2011 7:33 AM
    Friday, April 29, 2011 7:33 AM
  • I edited the profile 10+ times. I also added MS Partner status (through my company) to my name before. No bronze for this.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Friday, April 29, 2011 2:23 PM
  • Roozan, let me ask you a question

I don't know if it is a mere coincidence: how did you manage to mark yourself as a responder to three posts in the same topic and with 21 votes each?

Is there a glitch here  becasue it is the first time I see it on the forums.

sorry for being intrusive.

Nassim

Saturday, April 30, 2011 3:51 AM
  • Hi NassimJD,

First of all thanks for asking...

As you might see the thread is answered by my own efforts of R & D here and there and found out the solution to my question...

Your answer is votes but how ?  We have a large global network sir of my organization RajAryanTechGroup and who knows from where and how each vote might have come in... We are MS Registered Partners just as you are but we are dedicated in India Specially to provide free educational services to needy institutions so we have a whole lot of fans round India and the globe even as we conduct some events at New Jersey (2) and Zimbabwe (3) for spreading computer literacy drive for new MS Products...

Lets become friends NassimJD... I like to make new friends....and increase my network....

For details visit... www.Rajaryantechgroup.in....

NassimJD I just saw your profile and you also might be having this problem, Microsoft Partner is not shown in Posts and replies... I have already filed a bug from the site feedback link at footer why dont you also just try out .... lets find the solution as we are here for gaining recognition and until people recognize we are MS registered partners how will we see our fans....

Thanks

Saturday, April 30, 2011 5:40 AM
  • I am not so sure about the fans part. More than 8000 points and only 26 answers, that's more than 300 points per answer, a figure unheard of even on the more popular answers web site, especially when the answer is merely repeating a previous reply that is marked as answer, or reporting an dead link issue localized on your own network that should be solved by asking your network administrator, not hijacking the thread starter's question.

Sorry, but please stop gaming the system, it only hurts your reputation. Try to make some helpful replies to the thread starters instead.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 7:39 PM
  • Hi Sir,

I received your post. First of all thanks for posting me. Now I will start answering your questions hope they can be useful to save my hurt reputation :

1. I have 110 posts with most of the posts receiving approx 20 votes = 110 * 20 = 2200 and with each vote you earn 5 points = 2200 * 5 < 11000... I have something around 8000 points...

2. Since last three days I am facing an issue that if I post on a particular thread and submit, click on my threads its not visible, going back to that thread post vanishes and I use my back up copy in notepad to repost on that which makes it visible on my threads but with double posts now... I hope this happened 3 times in last three days at maximum..

3. Every time the post is marked as an answer as I tried on one post I saw all replies were shown in double manner (Only answered Threads) but you can vote only once if you click on second it will show unknown error message box.. now how can this error be solved by my network administrator... I have no network admin as it is my personal laptop and am using 3G connection.  All people in my organization as registered with microsoft are scattered at different parts of the country sir, for their spreading education, project works at client side, research and development etc... for more details please visit : www.RajAryanTechGroup.in , we are doing just our duty by posting answers to the questions that the user asks in a best possible way and we as an organization since last 12 months have spread our word in such a way that you say the name of our organization's faculty coming to teach them in any institute and they will jump on their feet.. we have a record that whenever we took charged or free visiting lectures we had more than 95% attendance in that institution.

4. Please check all my threads sir, you will find I have tried and worked hard really to answer each of the user's question but there are several users who don't turn up to close the thread otherwise I am sure my fighre of 26 answers would cross 30 or 35 that much hard effort i have put in... one or two users refused to close their threads when i asked their followup on post that let it be open but accept a small subscription of our issue or newsletter instead of my efforts... now you say what should I do sir... what is the matter of reporting such small things to the dearest system admin each time and putting unnecessary pressure on their shoulders to close the threads, modify errors and what not.

5. Dont ever say sorry sir.. Its my pleasure to talk to you and reply you... its your right to tell me if something is going wrong on my part but I think this time I have cleared the doubts in your mind.

Our motto is to spread IT education in India and through your forum many of my Indian friends and world wide unknown people whom i dont know would receive good running codes and help on their problems. We are doing just our bit... but will now do it in your way as you say we dont want any rules to be broken...

Do suggest a useful solution to me

Thanks

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 8:15 AM
  • 1 that's the problem, in the threads you participated in, upvotes are abnormally high, and the quality of upvoted replies are abnormally low. 

2 I am not talking about double posts, you were repeating someone else's reply that isn't even very helpful to the question and upvoting on your reply.

3 your profile setting make the answers display on top, which may caused your confusion. But that has nothing to do with getting upvoted on a problem local to your computer and has nothing to do with the thread starter's question. Only people who are in your own network would agree your claim that the link is dead. The link is fine for others. Microsoft's web server is stable.

4 Stop thinking your reply deserves being marked as answer. Improve the quality of replies first. Hint: you may want to take a few minutes to read the question and the replies before jump in the discussion. Refrain from posting if you do not have something new and useful to the thread starter to add.

5 I suggest you to stop 

having your coworkers to ask questions then mark your replies instead of more deserving answers as answers and upvote.  You are driving volunteers away from MSDN forums.

Users involved

in upvoting 

http://social.microsoft.com/profile/shankar%20singh/
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/profile/roozan%20bharucha/
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/profile/perizad/
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/profile/dimansh%20star/

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 7:46 PM
  • Roozan I have a hundred more answers than you and you have six thousand points more. Last week you had three trophies to your name and now four, gimme a break, this has nothing to do with quality.

By the way you must be really god friends with Shankar because he is giving you lots of points and answer marks.

Sorry but This is Rediculous

(I just noticed that Sheng Jiang mentioned Shankar)

EDIT-----------

If one were to compare the bronze medals for all four profiles mentioned above by Sheng Jiang, he would notice that they were gotten from about the same place

WPF Autocomplete Textbox Using CSharp

Windows Phone 7 Demo For Tweet Retrieval

Using Barcode Reader In C#

this is no coincidence.

Nassim

• Edited by NassimJD Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:28 PM more proof
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:15 PM
  • Thanks for all the input everyone. We will be spending some time over the next few days evaluating this situation and next steps. We will do some database analysis to see what is going on, 21 votes is a LOT and I want to find out who exactly is continually voting on these so much. If it is the same people over and over again, we will take a look and decide what to do about it. By the way, this is happening at a good time as we are re evaluating our recognition model for a major update in the coming months.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, May 6, 2011 12:55 AM