Why are there 2 MCTS certifications listed after passing one test? RRS feed

• Question

• I just took my first MCTS exam.  70-680: Configuring Windows 7.  I passed with an 850 so i was pretty excited.  I noticed in my MCP login now that it lists two MCTS certificates available for download.  The one just says MCTS and the other is a more specific one that says MCTS: Configuring Windows 7.  So two questions, why are there 2 certs, and how should I list this on my resume?
    Nate
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:53 PM

Answers

• Upon completing your first MCTS exam, you get a general MCTS certificate plus a MCTS certificate relating to the exam you passed.  You should only show the MCTS: Configuring Windows 7 exam on your CV as the otheronw doesn't relate to any specific technology.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Proposed as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by TacticalN8 Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:29 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:02 PM

All replies

• Upon completing your first MCTS exam, you get a general MCTS certificate plus a MCTS certificate relating to the exam you passed.  You should only show the MCTS: Configuring Windows 7 exam on your CV as the otheronw doesn't relate to any specific technology.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Proposed as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by TacticalN8 Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:29 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:02 PM
  • Thanks Jeff,

That's kind of what i figured but wasn't sure.

Nate
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:29 PM