How do I recover my account? RRS feed

• Question

• I recently lost my account (vissarionovich@hotmail.com) because I changed the password, forgot it, and cannot provide the ridiculous amount of information required by live to recover the account.  They keep emailing the procedure to the account I cannot access.

Anyhow, I have attached to that live account OneCare and xBox live.  I would like to transfer these services, which I have paid for a year in advance, to my new account.  Any ideas on how?

Thanks in advance,
    -V
    Friday, March 20, 2009 4:05 AM

Answers

• You can't. You're going to need to recover the account. Contact OneCare support for help with that (or xBox support) as a password reset for your Billing account is easier to accomplish than what you got in the form for a Hotmail account, which is used when a free account user can't remember the password.
    Subscription services cannot typically be transferred from one account to another. Think about it - your paid subscriptions are assigned to LiveID "a" and I then manage to transfer your subscriptions to my LiveID without paying for them. That wouldn't be good for you. 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, March 20, 2009 2:33 PM