none
Prospective employer is asking for proof that I have four MCP certifications RRS feed

• Question

• The problem is I did not keep the certificates and I do not have the emails sent after I passed. Can someone let me know how I can get them the proof that they are asking for?

Many thanks

Tom

PS Urgent issue!!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 5:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

I assume you have a MCPid? In that case go to the MCP site and click 'view' - my transcript. In the next window choose the 'go to the transcript sharing tool'. That's where you create a username and generate an accesscode. Pass those two credentials together with the link to the employer and he will be able to view your transcript online and verify your credentials.

Ofcourse you can also print it out but that's so 2009 ;-)

Maurice

Maurice
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 10:16 PM
  • As an alternative to the Transcript Sharing Tool, if you wish to have your certificates you can download a copy from the MCP site as a PDF or XPS file. You can then print it yourself, or send it by email to your prospective employer. Of course, in order to login into the MCP site, you still need to have your credentials, the same as required by the Transcript Sharing Tool. It should be no problem if you associated your MCP ID to your Live ID back in the time when you received the welcome email, but if you didn't, I believe that you will need to contact the Regional Serice Center to fix this problem.
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

I assume you have a MCPid? In that case go to the MCP site and click 'view' - my transcript. In the next window choose the 'go to the transcript sharing tool'. That's where you create a username and generate an accesscode. Pass those two credentials together with the link to the employer and he will be able to view your transcript online and verify your credentials.

Ofcourse you can also print it out but that's so 2009 ;-)

Maurice

Maurice
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 10:16 PM
  • As an alternative to the Transcript Sharing Tool, if you wish to have your certificates you can download a copy from the MCP site as a PDF or XPS file. You can then print it yourself, or send it by email to your prospective employer. Of course, in order to login into the MCP site, you still need to have your credentials, the same as required by the Transcript Sharing Tool. It should be no problem if you associated your MCP ID to your Live ID back in the time when you received the welcome email, but if you didn't, I believe that you will need to contact the Regional Serice Center to fix this problem.
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:47 AM