Windows Vista Ultimate Activation Problem. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have been using Windows Vista Ultimate for a long time now, about a month after it was released, before that I was using Home Premium.

I had it on my laptop, and around April I put it onto my desktop. It has been working fine since, apart from tonight.

I decided to put a new motherboard into the desktop, along with new RAM, Processor and video card. This was so I could play Halo 2 for Vista.

I turned on the PC, all was working fine, then a popup appeared: Windows Validation Problem.

Apparently, because of recent hardware upgrades, I have to re-enter my product key.

And it had to be my luck, that this particular Activation Key I bought for this PC, I got online, and didn't write down.

How can I retreive my old key, and put it into the thing to activate the PC?

Why are you charging me more money to activate after I just spent £100 upgrading the bloody thing??

All I want to do is play Halo!!

Thanks!! Please help..

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hello Roketjacks,

If you bought the Product Key online from a 3rd party retailer, contact them to see if you can get the lost key. If you bought the key from Microsoft, please go to http://windowsmarketplace.com/ and check your digital locker and/or click the contact us link for additional Windows Marketplace support options.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, March 7, 2008 10:50 PM