none
Regarding HP 485 backup and shared folders RRS feed

• Question

• I know that Hp 485 scans for media and once recognized acknowledges it on a shared folder. Now, it does not see my mkv files or iso files Iknow that.

my question is are these files still backed up ? ie, via scheduled backup?
    Monday, September 7, 2009 10:43 AM

All replies

• If you mean by the client backup feature, then yes, as long as they are on your client computer, but not by the server backup tool (which backs up only the server shares, not the clients). And vice versa for the server backup tool: yes if they're on the server (placed there manually by you), no if they're on a client.

As for the media aggregator not seeing certain files, that's probably because HP selected a commonly used subset of all possible media files. ISO files (disk images in general) are a particular problem, in my opinion, because they could be of a DVD (i.e. a movie), or they could be of a data disk (e.g. Windows Vista or Windows 7, both of which are distributed on DVD-ROM).
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, September 7, 2009 2:16 PM
  • I know that Hp 485 scans for media and once recognized acknowledges it on a shared folder. Now, it does not see my mkv files or iso files Iknow that.

my question is are these files still backed up ? ie, via scheduled backup?

Yes, providing you haven't excluded them yourself and they are not in a folder that is automatically excluded (i.e. Recorded TV).  If you want to confirm that, all you have to do is go into your backup through the Console and see if it's there.
    Monday, September 7, 2009 2:19 PM