Desktop sharing -> mouse cursor flickering RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we use Office Communicator 2007 R2 with Office Communications Serverv 2007 R2.

When we start Desktop/Application sharing, the mouse cursor starts flickering. The sharing itself works fine, but the flickering of the mouse is really irritating.

Clients: Windows XP SP3 & SP2, differenct client hardware (HP workstations & Notebooks) make no difference.

Thanks for any tip.

Best regards,
    Thomas
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Thomas-

We are seeing the same behavior here, but what my testing has shown is that the behavior is much more pronounced when I am sharing my second monitor. Are you seeing it when sharing the primary or the secondary?

I have pinged a contact at Microsoft and brought it to his attention. I am going to record the behavior and send it to him. If I had to guess at this point it appears to be a GDI drawing issue that more than likely has something to do with the underlying ts architecture that is being used.

I'll keep the forum posted when I have more information.

thanks.

Vic Rozumny
    AT&T
    Vic Rozumny mcse AT&T
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:56 PM
  • Hi,

we are seeing this behaviour on the primary and also secondary monitor. But you are right, the effect is worse on the second monitor, if it is available.

Thanks for the information. We also will open up a call @ MS and see. If I get any response, I will also post it here.

Bet regards,
    Thomas Kofler
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:32 AM
  • All-

I have received word back and though I cannot share the details of the reasons right now I will share that it is by design behavior (for good reason) and you may be able to find some relief with more video RAM or updated video drivers. It will be blogged about soon and I will post the link when I have it.

Vic
    Vic Rozumny mcse AT&T
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:53 PM
  • Thanks, please keep up updated.

Thomas
    Monday, March 30, 2009 7:23 AM
  • Its a "bug" in the grafik subsystem - and my be fixed in Windows 7. Maybe there is backport to Windows XP/Vista, but not for now.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2009.02.windowsconfidential.aspx
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 11:18 AM