Mapping entities - I'm probably doing it wrong. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm unable to map a custom entity to the Task entity. I go into my entity, select 1:N relationship, then select the Task Entity, click on "generate mappings" and publish.

When I am in my custom entity and want to create a new Task, I'm seeing that the fields are not getting filled. What am I doing wrong here?

Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:32 PM

All replies

• Do you see your mappings get generated? The name of the attribute must be the same and I don't think it can be if that is a custom entity. Try to create a mapping manually.

Zarko

Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:01 PM
  • Fields map but the data in the fields don't get passed to the Task Entity. I'm sure I'm missing something here.
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:16 PM
  • I think you are forgetting to publish the customization

Regards Faisal

• Proposed as answer by Faisal Fiaz Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:19 PM
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:19 PM
  • I've tried publishing as well.

I just tried mapping a field from the "Account Form" to the Task Entity and even that didn't work. I'm starting to think that you can't map with the Task Entity. This is so weird.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:24 PM
  • Can anyone else please confirm if they can map between an entity such as Accounts, to the Task entity. I'm using CRM Online and while entity-to-entity maps ok, entity-to-activity entity doesn't map at all. I hope this isn't a bug.
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:44 PM
  • I have just confirmed that it works. I created a mapping between Account name and Task subject. Have you checked that the datatype is the same between fields? Target field also has to be of the same size or larger than source. You can specify a field as target only one time.

Hope this helps.

Zarko

• Proposed as answer by Radevic Friday, July 5, 2013 7:10 AM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 6:27 AM
  • Mapping will only work when you create a task. Have you tried creating a new task from Account?

Regards Faisal

Friday, July 5, 2013 7:39 AM