Username and Password for network folders RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying SyncToy to synchronize my laptop (windows 7) with other computers, including my workplace desktop (windows XP). This desktop is in a domain, so I shared the folders that I want to synchronize (eg, my documents). The share permissions are only for my own username.

When I try to synchronize a folder pair, SyncToy gives an error about the network folder not being available. I have to actually open the folder network with explorer (or other application) to make it available to SyncToy. Then it runs fine. This is inconvenient as it takes time to manually open a bunch of folders that I need to synchronize.

In other competitors (like Sync Expert) there is an advance option, where you can set a "Net Username" and a "Net Password", so that the program is able to access the network shared folders automatically. Is there any way to set this in SyncToy? 

Thank you for any help! 
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:54 PM

All replies

• HI jopepe,

You are smart user. :)

My suggestion: you may map a network driver on you synctoy machine, that can be remember username and password that avoid press them everytime.

Steps:
    Open "my computer" -> Click menu "Tools" -> "map network driver " -> ...

Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Yiming L Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:06 AM
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 10:04 AM