Suggestions RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have been using the likes of Foldershare and Skydrive for a little while, I (beit good or bad, have the RDP working in home premium, SP1). SO for me - to use this all legit with Mesh is awesome! so first thoughts are to the makers and people behind the scenes! very impressive!

My suggestions so far:

• Being able to use without UAC - doesnt really need to be explained - atleast give me the option.
    • Choosing where the folders sync - (like foldershare) - choose a folder on each machine and sync, rather than to the desktop - again atleast give me the options.
    • allow the RDP client to work as a service - thus if my machine restarts, and does not autologin, I can still RDP in and use the welcome screen (much like RDP, Logmein).
    • Allow to sync (like foldershare) - without all the items using up my space on the cloud - so just sync between two machines, without going to the cloud also.

I am sure I will think of more as I get to use it more, and maybe I just haven't found these things yet. 

I'd like to see what other suggestions could be implemented - It would be nice to see a product really take into consideration what the beta guys reckon ;)

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:41 PM

All replies

• Gaz.Dick said:

I have been using the likes of Foldershare and Skydrive for a little while, I (beit good or bad, have the RDP working in home premium, SP1). SO for me - to use this all legit with Mesh is awesome! so first thoughts are to the makers and people behind the scenes! very impressive!

My suggestions so far:

• Being able to use without UAC - doesnt really need to be explained - atleast give me the option.
    • Choosing where the folders sync - (like foldershare) - choose a folder on each machine and sync, rather than to the desktop - again atleast give me the options.
    • allow the RDP client to work as a service - thus if my machine restarts, and does not autologin, I can still RDP in and use the welcome screen (much like RDP, Logmein).
    • Allow to sync (like foldershare) - without all the items using up my space on the cloud - so just sync between two machines, without going to the cloud also.

I am sure I will think of more as I get to use it more, and maybe I just haven't found these things yet. 

I'd like to see what other suggestions could be implemented - It would be nice to see a product really take into consideration what the beta guys reckon ;)

The RDP client _does_ work like that. I commented on that myself, because I'd had a problem. One of the admins said it should work as a service, and when I tried again (I'd rebooted the machine again), it did, in fact, work that way. I had a later, similar, problem trying to reach my machine at home, and on that particular time, it turned out that a power outage had fired my wireless router at home and I had NO connectivity.

You can change the folder sync location, but like you, I'd prefer to be able to tell the system WHERE I want new folders to go ahead of time.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 2:51 PM
  • Yes, I had found out (eventually) how to change the folders - typical! (im still new to this!)

Certainly for me it is not a service, my machine rebooted and I had no connectivity - yet when I got home, alas its sitting there on the welcome screen waiting to sign in.

I dont beleive it works till live mesh "signs in" on the local profile, which is really annoying if it has restarted etc - As far as I am aware, too, will it allow me to connect to a different session? or is it just the session that is open?! (I suspect which ever MY live mesh is signed into?!
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:01 PM
  • Hi Gaz.Dick,

Thank you for the suggestions.  If you wouldn't mind adding them to our Wish List sticky thread, I'd appreciate it.  That is where we are keeping track of all the great ideas we receive from customers on the forums.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:47 PM