New domain setup RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to run the wizard to setup my domain name and it keeps failing giving me this error

The domain name was not set up for your server. Wait a few minutes and run the wizard again.

An unexpected or unknown problem occurred. Please wait a few minutes, and then try again

I have looked in the event log and can see this each time.

The Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 4 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

I have tried to uninstall and re-install the assisant, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:17 PM

All replies

• Do you have the time and time zone on your server set correctly and being updated automatically from the Internet? If your Windows Live password has special characters in it try changing to standard characters and try again.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:16 PM
  • Yeah already tried changing the time servers a few times, and made my windows live password as simple as possible. no special or numbers.
    Friday, September 9, 2011 2:51 AM
  • Any success?  I am having the same problem and have tried changing time zone, multiple time servers, different Windows Live accounts... nothing!?!?!?!

I have tried many times over for the past week now, what's the magic combination?

Friday, September 30, 2011 6:00 PM