Path to MCPD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have been working as a Microsoft developer for 8 years now and have no official MS certification.  I have a really good understanding of .NET development (Design, ASP.NET, WinForms, ADO.NET, SQL) and have been involved in several projects that uses .NET technology.  I want to initially get MCPD: Enterprise Application Developer 3.5 certified and have a few newbie questions:
    1. What do you recommend using as course preperation?  Am I correct in assuming the certification requires the student to upskill himself to ensure knowleadge is sufficient to cover topics in the "Skills Measured" section in the Learning Catalogue for the exam (for example http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-536.aspx).  Would it be enough to study the assosiated Microsoft Press Book?  Seems like a good idea to have a crack at the mock exams on measureup.com and selftestsoftware.com; would you recommend this? 
    2. Seems the pre-requisites for this course is based on .NET 2.0.  Should I wait for the 3.5 version to be released?
    3. Is the path to certification basically upskilling yourself using points at point 1 above, booking an exam with prometric.com and completing the exam at an exam centre?
    4. Is the cost of the certification the costs assosiated with upskilling yourself (Microsoft Press books, mock exams, etc) and a fee for sitting the exam at a prometric.com?
    5. Any general advise or roadmap to MCPS you can offer?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Thursday, April 9, 2009 9:47 AM

Answers

All replies