Sending mail to the right people at Microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• I've been away for a few days and will respond to those that have contacted us regarding the doublespeak being posted here regarding Live/MSN problems.  I'm responding to the emails tonight/tommorrow.  Please remember to be nice in your letters, we're all trying to be part of the solution not the problem.  Google is not just dominating because they're the best, they're dominating because Live is seriously askew right now and I highly doubt the top levels of management have any idea how bad it is.  Send a nice letter, send it certified/priority/overnight, send it to the tech journals via email or the web forms, be nice and to the point, and reference the site here and the struggles many are facing.

It's impossible for me to believe it's this bad and that Microsoft hasn't yet figured out they're not only bleeding away advertisers but alientating people like us that will never use their search products or any other live service.

Be professional.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 11:33 PM

Answers

• I appreciate that you are asking people to be nice and professional in your requests.  As you have been on this forum since day one you are probably aware that Live Webmaster Center is new and in our effort to help customers we also are balancing a fine line.  We want to help; but we have to give help without giving up the keys to the kingdom. 

The reality is that not every site or every page will be indexed.  We are trying to and are adding more sites and capacity to our index.    Be aware, I am reporting to the larger team the issues being seen and they are working to create a better search product.  

Jeremiah

Thursday, January 3, 2008 11:14 PM