Cant import downloaded ofx bank statement into microsoft plus sunset, please help! RRS feed

• Question

• Everytime I try to import a downloaded ofx file from my bank, money shuts down, please help!!!!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:35 AM

All replies

• Read the second "Sticky" post in this forum:  Money Plus bug and solution (mnyob99.dll)

Bill Becker

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:11 AM
  • So many people have been successful at fixing the problem of importing downloaded ofx files...I’m still scratching my head over this. I’m not very savvy when it comes to this. I went to Raymond link and clicked on the link "here" and saved the dll file. Closed money, restarted the computer and money is still crashing.

I’m getting very frustrated, don’t know what to do, and have 7 months of statement to import for 4 different bank accounts.

I’m running XP, with sunset edition.

Please help!!!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:31 AM
  • If you have downloaded the patched mnyob99.dll you are almost there.  You need to replace the mnyob99.dll that is currently on your system with the patched one.  I suggest the following:

- Open Windows Explorer and find the downloaded mnyob99.dll file

- Right-click on it, and select "Copy"

- still using Windows Explorer, locate the folder on your system named Microsoft Money Plus.  It is usually in the C:/Program Files folder.

- In that folder you will see a folder named MNYCore Files.   Open it and find the existing mnyob99.dll file.  Rename it oldmnyob99.dll or something similar.

- Right click and select "Paste" to copy the mnyob99.dll file into the MNYCore Files folder.

Now open MSMoney and all should be well.

If you cannot see these files and folders on your system, you may need to change the view in Windows Explorer to make them visible.  To do this in Windows Explorer, go to Tools > Folder Options and in the "View" tab:

- check "Show Hidden Files Folders and Drives"

- uncheck "Hide protected operating system files(Recommended)"

- uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

Once you have made replaced the mnyob99.dll you can change these settings back to the default values.

Let us know if this works or if you run into a problem.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:54 AM
  • Bill, thanks so much for your detailed help. I did have a ghard time finding the core files, it was driving me crazy.

I was able to finally import the ofx file, yaiiiii, thanks!

However I got a new error message when loging out of money:

Money is anable to load the file 'c:\program files\microsoft money plus\mnycorefiles\compdll.dll. 'Either the file is missing or your system is low on memory. First, try closing some other applications. If this dosent work, you may need to reinstall Money from your original product disks.

Now what??????

I jsut want this to work    : (

Friday, February 1, 2013 6:38 PM
  • Just to sure that I understand what's happening:

- you can now open Money and your file looks OK

- you can now import a downloaded ofx file without having Money crash

- your system is not low on memory (Look at the free space on the drive where you store your Money files.)

If that is your situation, I would:

- Look at the MNYCore folder and verify that it contains a compdll.dll file.  If it's missing, look in the recycle bin to see if you inadvertently deleted it.  If so, do a restore.

-If compdll.dll is, in fact, still in the MNYCore folder it may be damaged.  In that case, you will need to re-install Money.

Note that reinstalling Money will fix the damaged compdll.dll file but it will, unfortunately, also overwrite the patched mnyob99.dll.  So you will have to go through the process of renaming and replacing mnyob99.dll all over again.

Because compdll.dll has to do with compressing a backup file, you might be able to do a temporary workaround by opening Money and going to Tools>Settings>Backup Settings> and unchecking "Compress Backup Files".

Let us know if any of this works.

Bill Becker

• Edited by Bill Becker Saturday, February 2, 2013 3:43 AM Typos
    Friday, February 1, 2013 8:06 PM
  • It worked !!!!!!

Thanks Bill so so so very much, you rock!

Sunday, February 3, 2013 10:31 PM
  • Glad you are up and running again!  Did you have to re-install?

Bill Becker

Sunday, February 3, 2013 10:33 PM