none
Set mouse pointer problem with multipe screens RRS feed

• Question

• We use Window Server 2012 R2 Version 6.3 (Build 9600). Application is running on this server. To access our application we use Web Access for remote desktop from a normal window PC.

In our application we set the mouse pointer over a command via "Cursor.Position". It works well when the local pc have only one screen. It works also well when the local pc have two screens in the configuration [1|2]. If the configuration of the screens on the local pc is [2|1] it set the mouse pointer to the right border of the screen.

It works also well in each screen configuration when we run our applicationc direct in Win7, Win8 or Win10.

We have not found any way to detect the error case and no way to solve it.

I have prepared a small test program. With this program I can reproduce the problem.

Any idea how we can solve this problem?

Best regards.
    Monday, January 27, 2020 7:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you please provide the test sample? So that we can better support your issue.

Best Regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 9:39 AM
  • Hi Drake,

I have created a zip File with the program, but I can't found a upload command here?

How can I do this?

Best regards

Dirk

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 2:25 PM
  • Please try to upload the sample to GitHub or OneDrive or other sharing places, and then post the link here.

Best Regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 8:15 AM
  • Hi Drake,

I can't post the link here.

I got following error message:

"Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account."

What must I do?

Best regards,

Dirk

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:28 AM
  • Here is the link:

https://support.gewi.com/2560264908

Its the complete solution. The exe file can be found in the folder "...\ButtonSetTest2\ButtonSetTest2\bin\Debug"

The releated code can be found in file "Form1.cs", method "SetCursorToControl" line 124.

The goal is:

when click button 1 to mouse pointer should stay over button 2.

when click button 2 to mouse pointer should stay over button 3.

when click button 5 to mouse pointer should stay over button 1.

Any question please ask.

Best regards,

Dirk
    Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:20 AM
  • Hi,

This thread seems to be not in the scope of support for this forum, I'll redirect this thread to the correct forum for better support. Thank you for your patience.

Since you get the issue only on windows server 2012, you could ask here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserver8gen

Or since your project is a winform project, you could also ask here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=winforms

Best Regards,

Drake

Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:37 AM
  • In addition, please check this answer if you have the same issue:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18725003/mouse-position-on-extended-displays

Best Regards,

Drake

Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:39 AM
  • Hi Drake,

Yes I know this stackoverflow answer. It dosent help.

So you will move the thread to the right forum? Or should I create a new question in the forum you mention?

Our program ist installed on a windows server 2012 machine. There the program is "publish".

So the user can access the program via local PC and Web Access for remote desktop.

The problem see the user on his local PC.

What do you think is the better forum for this problem?

Best regards,

Dirk

Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:12 PM
  • This forum's purpose is to direct you to the best place to get your question answered. Post your question in one of the forums suggested.

If you are unable to post links, it is because your account is not verified. To expedite verification, post a request in the current verification thread here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc4002e4-e3de-4b1e-9a97-3702387886cc/verify-account-42?forum=reportabug

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:24 PM
  • Hi Richard,

Thank you.

Both action down.

Best regards,

Dirk

Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:33 PM