WIndows Live Onecare subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Stephen,

If I have a Windows Live Onecare subscription that is paid and active until April 2010...
    I am looking at updating my machine to windows 7 and the new FREE window security essentials...in October when released.
    Will I get a refund for the 6 months of the subscription????
    Microsoft should have made this clear to me when I was asked to renew my Windows Live Onecare subscription...
    At no time was I told that WIndows Live Onecare would not work with Windows 7... If I was told this I would not have updated the subscription...

Regards
    Rod Prior
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:18 PM general issue (From:Windows Live OneCare Install and Activate)
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:41 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, I am not aware of any plans to refund subscriptions that were renewed or purchased this year that would be abandoned when you move to Windows 7 later this year.
    Your subscription is fully supported for its life, through to April 2010 in your case, and can be used on up to 3 computers.
    I'm sorry that you were not aware that OneCare would not work on Windows 7. We announced it here in the forums when the Windows 7 beta was made available in January.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:16 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, I am not aware of any plans to refund subscriptions that were renewed or purchased this year that would be abandoned when you move to Windows 7 later this year.
    Your subscription is fully supported for its life, through to April 2010 in your case, and can be used on up to 3 computers.
    I'm sorry that you were not aware that OneCare would not work on Windows 7. We announced it here in the forums when the Windows 7 beta was made available in January.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:16 PM
  • This should have been made clear in the email I recieved to update my subscription..
    I updated my subscription thinking I would have 12months paid access to OneCare no matter what.....
    If OneCare was not going to work with an upcoming upgrade, I should have been made aware of it.....

If it was mandatory that I access this forum to be made aware of changes then ... I should have been told of that also...

I have subscribed to OneCare for 2 years and to be told that it is not going to continue after I have paid for the subscription ... I believe is rude and unfair...

Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:11 PM
  • Your subscription *will* be fully supported for its entire term, Rod. OneCare has *never* supported anything other than XP or Vista. While upgrading to Windows 7 is a great idea for many people, it isn't a requirement. Due to the decision to end OneCare development and support, there have been no changes to the product to support the new operating system.
    It is not mandatory that you access the forums for information, but it is a way to get additional information.
    I'm sorry that you believe that this is unfair and rude.
    -steve
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 8:37 PM