When one is about to install new software, does one have to stop Live OneCare? RRS feed

• Question

• When one is about to install new software, does one have to stop Live OneCare for some time (as in the case of any other firewall, antivirus, etc.... any other active software)? That's what the new software instructions recommend.

And if so, how do you stop Live OneCare? It doesn't have a "stop" that I can see.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:45 AM

Answers

• Personally, I ignore warnings from software that wants me to disable my security before installing it, but that's me. ;-) If it won't install with my security running, I'm not sure I want it on my PC.

However, if you want to do so because legitimate software is advising you do, open OneCare, click on change settings, and you can disable the virus and spyware protection on its tab and the firewall on its tab.

-steve

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1:09 AM

All replies

• Personally, I ignore warnings from software that wants me to disable my security before installing it, but that's me. ;-) If it won't install with my security running, I'm not sure I want it on my PC.

However, if you want to do so because legitimate software is advising you do, open OneCare, click on change settings, and you can disable the virus and spyware protection on its tab and the firewall on its tab.

-steve

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1:09 AM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

Personally, I ignore warnings from software that wants me to disable my security before installing it, but that's me. ;-) If it won't install with my security running, I'm not sure I want it on my PC.

-steve

Thank you very much, Steve. This is the information I needed. :-)

Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:19 AM