none
My post is not a question RRS feed

• General discussion

• See Is "delegate" a statement?

I intentionally made it a discussion because I know it will get filled with opinions. I will be happy to recognize an answer but I doubt there will be an authoritive answer.  Someone changed the type to Question and I appear to be locked out of changing the type back. I assume the person that changed the type is convinced he is right but (so far) I see no authoritive response (a link to an authorititve explanation), just opinion.

Update: Okay the forum software seems to have been changed. I see now that we can change the type using a separate link. Until recently to change the type we had to edit the post.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Changed type Simple Samples Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:37 PM I did not see the option when I created this
    • Edited by Simple Samples Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:40 PM added update
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:37 PM

All replies

• Looks like a moderator changed it. The thread does not appear to have a lock symbol on it. If it did no one could reply to it either. The branding in that forum may be slightly different but in the sandbox forum (where I am not a moderator) and as the thread creator I can Change Type any number of time on a single test thread.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:49 PM
  • Thank you, Dave. Note that I added an update to my initial post. Yes, the "Change Type" still exists in that thread and works; I just did not see it before posting here.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:28 PM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:50 PM