Errors when importing customizations from a rollup 10 deployment to rollup 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, I had to deploy customizations into a newly upgraded live environment which was on rollup 11.

I received the following errors and struggled to find other instances of people who came across the same error. These errors appeared when importing the case, contact, and account entities:

Failure: incident_activity_parties: Cascade link type 'NoCascade' is invalid for Delete.

Failure: contact_activity_parties: Cascade link type 'NoCascade' is invalid for Delete.

Failure: account_activity_parties: Cascade link type 'NoCascade' is invalid for Delete.

After further investigation I found that my source customizations came from a rollup 10 environment and not 11. I uninstalled rollup 11 on the destination environment, installed rollup 10 and the customizations imported fine.

CRM4 MBSS
    Monday, July 19, 2010 9:03 PM
    Answerer

Answers

• Thanks Bob.

Same thing in organization Imports.   Rollups have to match.

Not surprized that customizations would be the same.

/:>

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 3:55 PM

All replies

• Thanks Bob.

Same thing in organization Imports.   Rollups have to match.

Not surprized that customizations would be the same.

/:>

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 3:55 PM
  • Having the same issue.  Same rollups (11) on both systems (actually, 2 orgs on the same Enterprise system). 

Tried to even export and then import from same system (on rollup 12) and getting same error.  I am able to replicate this on completely different systems.   Tried the same on a rollup 7 system and no issues.

I smell a bug introduced in about rollup 10 or higher. 

Because these are system lookups I can't even edit the customization file directly as there relationship link types are system and do not appear in the file.

Any insight and resolution would be great.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 12:39 PM
  • I have heard a brief discussion on field size issues which could be causing problems with the import process.  I'll see if I can pick up any additional information.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:26 PM
  • Julie Yack experienced some issues with field length changes to the address fields.  They had a client with some custom fields that were mapped from the address field to another entity.  The address field length changed and they had to update the length of the custom fields to match.  The import then worked. 

You can download the diag tool and run it just before you import and you might get a more detailed error message.  I'm not sure if you are trying to import all entities or just some.  If not all, then ensure you are importing any related entities to the entity that you are trying to import.  For example, if you are importing the Lead entity, also include Account, Contact & Opportunity if you have relationships with the Lead entity like mapped fields, etc.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, August 12, 2010 5:51 PM
  • Hi Rob,

I experienced the same issue re-importing Case entity customizations; my system was up-to-date and all the dlls were aligned to 4.0.7333.2935 version (RP12). 

As you can see later in my post, I solved commenting the node in the customizations.xml file that's reffered to the relationship. I think that possibly because of incident_activity_parties is a system relationship, the import process doesn't remove it.

<!--     <EntityRelationship Name="incident_activity_parties">
          <EntityRelationshipType>OneToMany</EntityRelationshipType>
          <ReferencingEntityName>ActivityParty</ReferencingEntityName>
          <ReferencedEntityName>Incident</ReferencedEntityName>
          <ReferencingAttributeName>partyid</ReferencingAttributeName>
          <RelationshipDescription>
            <Descriptions>
              <Description description="Identificatore univoco del partecipante associato all'impegno." languagecode="1040" />
            </Descriptions>
          </RelationshipDescription>
          <field name="partyid" requiredlevel="none" imemode="auto" lookupclass="alllookups" lookupstyle="single" lookupbrowse="0">
            <displaynames>
              <displayname description="Partecipante" languagecode="1040" />
            </displaynames>
          </field>
        </EntityRelationship> -->

I hope this could help someone with the same problem,

Best regards.

• Proposed as answer by Srihari R Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:05 AM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 1:10 PM
  • Hi Ezy Pound,

Just for your information, the CRM import process is additive - the import process will never delete anything. I am having a similar issue at the moment, and your solution of commenting out the relationship causing issues in the customization file is a workable solution.

So, to clarify, removing the relationship from the customization file just means the CRM import process will ignore it and leave it as is - it has nothing to do with it being a system relationship.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Now, back to trying to fix my issue!

Regards,

Tully

• Proposed as answer by Srihari R Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:06 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 4:00 AM
  • yes in both the roll up need to be same.
    Monday, September 27, 2010 5:18 AM
  • Hi Tully

I thank you for your clear explanation. So you confirmed that removing those lines from customizations.xml could be a good workaround, I'm glad to know this.

Best regards.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:32 PM
  • Hi,

I had the same problem and as workaround I just removed that node from my XMLs.

Strange, as both implementations have the same RU.

Hope it helps,

PP

Microsoft MVP Dynamics CRM | My Twitter: http://twitter.com/pabloperalta | My blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/pabloperalta
    Friday, November 5, 2010 4:33 PM
  • Hi All

Had this issue again and here is how I resolved it.

On either your source or destination machine, is Data Migration Manager installed?  Apparently this messes something up with Dynamics CRM that causes this issue.

-uninstall Data Migration Manager (you can run this from a workstation on your network, just not supported on CRM server)

-reapply whatever rollup you are on

-try to export / import custom, should now work, no manipulation of XML required.

Cheers

Nick

Nick
    • Proposed as answer by ReadyXRM Monday, January 31, 2011 5:14 PM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 5:14 PM
  • If you have a rollup installed on the CRM u have to install the same version on the Data Migration Manager. I had rollup 15 on the crm and when i installed rollup 15 on the data migration manager the customization imported successfully

• Proposed as answer by John Samy Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:09 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:29 PM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:07 PM
  • If you have a rollup installed on the CRM u have to install the same version on the Data Migration Manager. I had rollup 15 on the crm and when i installed rollup 15 on the data migration manager the customization imported successfully

YES that worked.

Had the same problem. Both source and destination on RollUp 17. could not import customizations.

DMC installed om destination server. Updated to RollUp 17 and problem solved.

Monday, May 9, 2011 6:46 PM
  • Commenting out or removing the node will remove the error but it will cause another problem.  This will display two Accounts in the related section of the Advanced Find. The following are steps to replicate this.

1. Open CRM and click on Advanced Find
    2. Select Marketing List in the Look for Dropdown
    3. Click on the dropdown and look for Add Related > Account.
    4. You will find two Account selections

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 10:37 AM
  • Some users are saying that uninstalling DMM fixes the issue.  I never recommend installing DMM on the CRM server.  If you have that program installed, can you uninstall it and see if that fixes the original import issue.

Regards, Donna

• Proposed as answer by tomgerrard Monday, September 5, 2011 5:52 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by tomgerrard Monday, September 5, 2011 5:53 PM
    • Proposed as answer by tomgerrard Monday, September 5, 2011 5:53 PM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:33 PM