none
MEF plugins and nuget package bindingRedirect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently hit an issue with one of my MEF plugins after upgrading the plugin's nuget packages to newer versions. This changed the plugin project config file and added/adjusted the bindingRedirect values.

When my client app uses MEF to load the plugin, which in-turn tries to load the plugin's dependancies, it fails because it cant find specific dependancy dll versions (which are specified in the plugin project app.config, but not in the client app config).

How can i somehow maybe consolidate the plugin bindingRedirects so the client knows about them and will also then know which dependancy dll version to try and load, or is there another better way to do this?

Sunday, April 9, 2017 12:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Milsnips,

This forum discusses and asks questions about .NET Framework Base Classes, Since your issue is more related to Nuget. I would suggest that you could post your issue on Nuget related forum.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 6:58 AM
  • Might try over here.

https://github.com/NuGet/Home

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 10, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Hi,

You can club all the referenced dll in single dll using a ILMerge which you can download using following link-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17630

This tool will club all dll and then You can use that single dll as MEF Plugin.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 5:57 AM