RDP does not work on IDN domains! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi!

I recently received my copy of the Windows Home Server RTM software (German localization), and the out-of-box experience I had was very good.

Since my family name contains some non-english characters (eg. the German 'ö') I registered an IDN -coded domain name with .homeserver.com, so I can access my server by typing my real name Wink .

This worked flawlessly, I can login to the remote-access page and transfer files with no problems. But when I want to use the RDP feature to access the Home Server Console or one of my PCs, it does not work.

It simply does nothing when I click on the 'OK' button on the settings page when connecting to a home computer, or when connecting to the server it opens this new page with the 'Disconnect' button on top but also nothing happens.

I also registered the same domain name with dyndns.org, and again the same problem. I then registered an english-characters-only domain and here it works. I suppose that there is something in the RDP ActiveX control that prevents it from connecting...

Regards, Alex

Sunday, October 14, 2007 1:16 PM