Image uploading problems in WLW 2009

• I use WLW for posting to my Blogger hosted blog, and it used to work a charm until a few days ago. WLW uploads my images to my default Picasa Web Albums account, but I've been getting the "Root element is missing" error while trying to upload the pics since the last few days. I checked in my PWA account and found that the images had been uploaded! Not once, but a number of times (probably as many times as I hit the "Publish" button in WLW). And even weirder is the fact that the size of the images were all MUCH larger than what they're on my desktop. I know this sounds ridiculous but it's true and I've no idea what's happening.
    I recently upgraded to WLW version 14.0.8064.206 en, but the problem still exists. All my posts which don't have pictures publish perfectly well, but the ones with images (especially big ones) show that "Root element is missing" error and won't publish.
    Please help!
    Monday, April 27, 2009 3:41 PM

All replies

• Email me your Windows Live Writer log file.  Help | About | Show Log File

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:01 AM
  • So, was this resolved? I got the same problem - any post with images won't publish with an error "Root element is missing". I'll appreciate any help! Thanks.
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 3:42 PM
  • +1 exactly the same as Cramer2
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 7:14 PM
  • Ditto. But for me, it only happens when I try to publish to LiveJournal. It works with WordPress, Blogger, and Xanga.
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 10:50 PM
  • I'm having the same problem.  Has there been a resolution.  Only happening with LiveJournal, works fine with my WordPress blogs.

Monday, August 24, 2009 1:28 PM
  • As am I. It's when I try to post to LiveJournal...
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:19 AM
  • +1 Livejournal only.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:22 AM
  • Is anybody working on the problem posted? Is there any chance to sove it? As I can see, it's opened since April :-(
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 1:56 PM
  • The LJ problem is probably way different the Blogger one. Can someone with the LJ problem do:
    Email me your Windows Live Writer log file (  Help | About | Show Log File
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, August 31, 2009 3:46 PM