Execute exe file on another pc RRS feed

• Question

• I have a web application and it's already deployed in the IIS, how can I access other computer file and execute that program??. I know that for some security reasons is hard to do it, but I'm only trying to use this app in the intranet. It's there a way to do this approach???
    • Moved by Amanda Zhu Monday, April 22, 2013 2:44 AM off-topic issue
    Friday, April 19, 2013 11:44 PM

All replies

• You need to have a service running on the IIS to run the program.  A simple non secure service can be a TCP Server that creates a Listen Class on a port number.  Then other Users on client machines can send commands to the port on the IIS.  The IIS will simply take any commands over the Listen Port and execute them using a cmd.exe (or shell).

jdweng

Saturday, April 20, 2013 11:25 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Since you want to execute a web application deployed on IIS on another machine, I am afraid that the issue is out of support of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

I suggest that you can consult your issue directly on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  for better solution and support.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 22, 2013 2:44 AM
  • Not quite sure how to do this, but I'm going to try, thanks
    Monday, April 22, 2013 4:29 PM