How to use <startup> tag in .Net remoting configuration file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a .Net Remoting Service that exposes client activate objects using a config file (cao.config).

Recently I moved the whole application to .Net framework 4 and since then I'm having issues with some objects (that use Exchange 2010 powershell API).

So far I've debugged the issue and found out that when those objects are locally called (bypassing remoting) I can make them work as long as I use 

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true"> 
            <supportedRuntime version="v4.0.30319"/> 
            <supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727"/> 
        </startup>

in the calling application config file. Is there any way I can make my .Net remoting service use the same tags in its cao.config file or if there's any alternative to it.

Regards

Usman

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Jack

The question is perhaps related to .Net remoting configuration and .Net Remoting forum is archived. I wonder where should I ask my question now. The general forum was the only place where I could put this question. Anyway since the time I upgraded my application to .Net 4, I've found out that my .Net remoting is creating issues on many other places too where it was internally referring to dlls created in earlier versions of .Net like Micorosoft.SqlServer.Smo.dll etc. So I'm posting a general question on .Net framework CLR forum. But since the solution is there, only I need to know how to do it for .Net remoting, so hope it does not get bounced back from that forum too.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Usman,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Since it is not the VS General issue, to help you find the correct forum for this issue, I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum. Thanks for your understanding.

In addition, it will be better if you could share more information about this issue in your reply, for example, which app are you developing? Which kind of language are you using? It will be helpful for moderator forum expert to find a more appropriate forum for this issue.

Sincerely,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Hi Jack

The question is perhaps related to .Net remoting configuration and .Net Remoting forum is archived. I wonder where should I ask my question now. The general forum was the only place where I could put this question. Anyway since the time I upgraded my application to .Net 4, I've found out that my .Net remoting is creating issues on many other places too where it was internally referring to dlls created in earlier versions of .Net like Micorosoft.SqlServer.Smo.dll etc. So I'm posting a general question on .Net framework CLR forum. But since the solution is there, only I need to know how to do it for .Net remoting, so hope it does not get bounced back from that forum too.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:42 AM