Unable to download fixit or ANY other application to my computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

When i went to install Fixit on this computer, it acted like it downloaded the file but its not on my computer.

I have not been able to download or save anything onto my computer.  Any files I try to download

and save are "typed" as an EXE.file.   

My system is Windows Vista 64X Bit. I saved the Event Viewer log from 3-22-11  thru  3-19-11 which includes

numerous warnings and errors.  Is there a way I can attach the Event Log for you to review? 

Thanks for your help

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi lanagarmar,

Thanks for your interesting in Microsoft Fix it Center(Beta).

Firstly, make sure you log on your computer as an administrator if you want to save and run an EXE file.

You can paste the error code to us by the following steps:

1. Click start-->Run.

2. Input "eventvwr" and click OK.

3. In the left panel of the Event Viewer window, expand the Windows Logs and select Application, find out the warning and error event, open them and copy the information to me.

Please let me know if any questions, Thanks!

Sam

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:32 AM
  • After a viral Hit, I have no start-run, my Task Manager has been disabled and when I try to run Fixit, it goes to a "do you want to download" or cancel choice and when i click download, nothing happens ( I am in Safemode tho) and there is never a prompt to pick the location for download. When I look for the Fixit.exe file in explorer it is not there. Do you think that I should be starting elsewhere to repair?
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:50 PM