Memory shortage while running automation suites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Here, I am facing some serious issue while running all my automation scenarios at one shot. I have created one environment which is pointing to other machine. Now, I am running all automation tests of MTM through tcm command:

tcm run /create /title:"Automation Run" /planId:16 /querytext:"select * from TestPoint where configurationId=6" /settingsname:"Client" /testenvironment:"Clients TFBEMEV0268" /collection:http://bemeche1tfs01:8080/tfs/defaultcollection /teamproject:Development

Here, inside the planId: 16...I have more than 100 of tests. So, when I run this command it starts running my tests. I can see them running on other machine. But, after duration of duration of few hours 2-3 hours its got "aborted".

I verified the issue and found that there is no available space in that machine where controller is being installed. When I explored this issue more then found that for each run it is creating one folder inside that C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\VSEQT\QTController\rm\1975. And inside it is creating two folder "In" & "Out". Inside "In" it is having so many folders and each folder mapped to a test case containg *.iTrace, systemException.xml, EventLog.xml etc. Whereas "Out" folder is having only one Deployement folder containg all required assemblies and input files which are being used by test method.

So, I have to reduce the size of this folder (1975) which consuming hell lot of memory. Please reply fast so that I can fix this issue before time.

Thanks,
     - Umesh

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:24 AM

Answers

• Hello UmeshSgh,

Thank you for your post!

As MSDN and TechNet Forums are for IT professionals to post technical questions such as development, testing, deployment, etc. I would suggest posting your question in one of the forums at Microsoft Answers, which helps people troubleshoot problems about Windows, IE, Office and other Microsoft products.

Located here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Hope it would be helpful.

Yuanhong Sun
    Application Support
    EPX Service Engineering Support Team

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:02 AM