Unable to upload multiple photos simultaneously RRS feed

• Question

• I just made a bu sbmision for photo upoloads.

When using the web interface to access WHS thru IE it is not possible to upload multiple photos simultaneously. It is only possible to upload one photo at a time which is a really bad user expeience if you have couple hundred photo to upload thru the remote web interface.

If you have hundreds of phoos selcecting each photo by itself is a pain. You should be able to choose multiple pohotos in the explorer windowd or be able to choose a folder. 

Please vote for this bug if you also think it needs to be changed:

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=283237

Thanks

Oliver

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:35 AM

Answers

• You should be able to add multiple photos in the list to upload.  Some issues I have seen is that the amount of pictures you are uploading are so large the session times out before it completes.  Our team is aware of that issue and is working on a resolution.  I've seen very cool add-ins that have many different options for the picture side of Windows Home Server.  I think you'll be really impressed with add-ins broadening the ease of use and functionality that the Windows Home Server platform provides.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 10:36 PM

All replies

• I agree multiple uploads through the web interface would be handy. I think there was already an existing bug/feature request - did you search for it? I'm assuming you ended up using Remote Access, which does allow multiple file uploads via cut and paste, to move your files?
    Monday, June 18, 2007 3:46 PM
  • I was just able to upload multiple photos with Windows Home Server RC.  

• What version of Windows Home Server were you using? 
    • Did you get a Session Timeout error?
    Monday, June 18, 2007 6:47 PM
  • I could not use the remote access feature since my corp firewall does not let me thru. I did serach the forum for a bug that relates to my issue but did not find anything.

I am using the latest RC build from connect. No timeout error.

I hink I am rather unsatisfied with the current upload feature. Steven Leonard talked at WinHEC about his mom or someone in the family being able to access photos. If my mom was to use this feature to send me photos she'd be lost. It is a pain to have to add each photo by itself and that little box where you can see the photos that you have added is not very user friendly and or a for a novice user complex, therefore not mom-proof. One should be able to add multiple photos while in the browse-explorer window (not the way it is now) or be able to add a folder full of pictures.

Besides that, not having thumbnails is also user-unfriendly, different story though.

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:31 PM
  • You should be able to add multiple photos in the list to upload.  Some issues I have seen is that the amount of pictures you are uploading are so large the session times out before it completes.  Our team is aware of that issue and is working on a resolution.  I've seen very cool add-ins that have many different options for the picture side of Windows Home Server.  I think you'll be really impressed with add-ins broadening the ease of use and functionality that the Windows Home Server platform provides.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 10:36 PM
  • ive installed Foldershare (MS beta) which ive installed on the WHS & my main pc to sync up between 2 folders automatically
    Monday, June 25, 2007 6:24 PM
  • Yes, one can UPLOAD multiple photos but one cannot SELECT multiple photos for uploading... one must select one photo at a time. That is less than user-friendly, imho. I would use this functionality to upload photos while on vacation. I'm going to take hundreds of photos while on vacation... having to select a single photo at a time for uploading, well, that's rather cumbersome. If I want to send multiple photos in HotMail, I can select multiple photos at a time. I would hope that capability will find it's way into WHS. That's the target market, right? Folks on vacation who want to upload photos to the WHS shared folders?

Thanks,

Lang

Monday, August 6, 2007 2:47 AM
  • Using the "OnTheFlyUnzipper" Add-in you can upload as many photo' as you want:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1802765&SiteID=50

I really like this one!

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 11:04 PM