Sync with two different databases RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following scenario. In a local cache database I need to have 2 tables, the first one sync scenario is download only with deletes and the second upload without deletes. The tables from which I download and upload data are on the server but in different databases. In the local database will be stored sync_last_received_anchor for both server databases? And what if the two tables where on different server?

Regards,
                                     Radu Lazar
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 9:19 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Saturday, December 8, 2007 2:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Radu,

I think you can use sync services to implement this scenario. The key issue here to note is that SyncAgent runs against single DB. That said, you will need to configure the first set of table and run the agent for the first DB and then do the same for the second one.

The two server database could be in two different servers too. Sync Services does not make assumption to where the data is coming from.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 6:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Radu,

I think you can use sync services to implement this scenario. The key issue here to note is that SyncAgent runs against single DB. That said, you will need to configure the first set of table and run the agent for the first DB and then do the same for the second one.

The two server database could be in two different servers too. Sync Services does not make assumption to where the data is coming from.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 6:27 PM
  • I have one more question, how can i find what data on the client was not yet syncronized? I want to allow the user to modify only the data that was not send to the main database. I dont want the user to modify data what was already synced.
    Saturday, December 15, 2007 7:19 PM
  • Hi,

There is a method called GetChanges() on the SqlCeClientSyncProvider. This method returns the rows that have not been uploaeded yet.

Thanks

Saturday, December 15, 2007 8:50 PM