Contacts Fields must be fixed RRS feed

• Question

• This is the first time I buy a windows operating PPC as I used to be a pro Nokia Communicator. I bought a HTC Cruise and it is amazing, with the exception of the contacts fields. In this part of the world people have more than one mobile phone, mostly to separate work from personal usage or different numbers for different countries to avoid high roaming charges. Unfortunately, the feature of having multiple Mobile fields or the possibility to edit these fields is frustrating and inconvenient to me. In order to adapt to this issue I have to use other fields for inputting mobile numbers: "Ex. Work2 or Home2...etc" but then I can’t send messages to these numbers??!!?? Off course this is not an issue with the Nokia Communicator which allows you to put as many fields as you want.

Accordingly I would like to ask if someone can help me in how I should avoid this inconvenience. Maybe a work around, a patch update....etc?

Monday, April 28, 2008 4:54 PM

Answers

• The Windows Mobile team is aware of this extra Mobile phone field.

Hopefully they will take this with them in future releases of Outlook and Mobile Outlook.

For now I use  'Car Phone" as the selected field for a second mobile phone.

If you sync with outlook Don't select the "other" field because this won't sync with pocket outlook

Monday, April 28, 2008 5:01 PM
  • How did you get your contact on your phone. If you did it through outlook or manually entered them. You shopuld have this.

Sometimes importing contact from another source will create miss synchronizations in the right fields

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 2:26 PM
  •  Electro960 wrote:
    In addition, options should be made availabe to add additional work contacts (work 3, work 4, work 5......), to the extent specified by the user (just like Moto RAZRs).  When contacts are calling me from work, their outbound numbers differ each time they call (depending on what outbound extension is avalable and selected by the phone system).  As a result, I do not have enough fields to add each work extension to a single contact and I am unable to identify the caller by name when I receive a call.  Please add this fix to the next update, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Noted and explained before

All replies

• The Windows Mobile team is aware of this extra Mobile phone field.

Hopefully they will take this with them in future releases of Outlook and Mobile Outlook.

For now I use  'Car Phone" as the selected field for a second mobile phone.

If you sync with outlook Don't select the "other" field because this won't sync with pocket outlook

Monday, April 28, 2008 5:01 PM
  • Thanks Johan,

But will you be able to send SMS or MMS if the number was under the Car Phone Field?

Appreciate the hlp Smile

Monday, April 28, 2008 5:11 PM
  • unfortunate not

Sorry.

Monday, April 28, 2008 11:52 PM
  • Thursday, May 8, 2008 9:06 AM
  • What is the deal with the garbage after the address in contacts?  If you choose a contact and open it up, it wll show the name at the top, the address, and then a line of junk, what is up with that?

Friday, May 23, 2008 12:57 PM
  • In addition, options should be made availabe to add additional work contacts (work 3, work 4, work 5......), to the extent specified by the user (just like Moto RAZRs).  When contacts are calling me from work, their outbound numbers differ each time they call (depending on what outbound extension is avalable and selected by the phone system).  As a result, I do not have enough fields to add each work extension to a single contact and I am unable to identify the caller by name when I receive a call.  Please add this fix to the next update, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
    Sunday, June 8, 2008 3:50 PM
  • How did you get your contact on your phone. If you did it through outlook or manually entered them. You shopuld have this.

Sometimes importing contact from another source will create miss synchronizations in the right fields

•  Electro960 wrote:
    In addition, options should be made availabe to add additional work contacts (work 3, work 4, work 5......), to the extent specified by the user (just like Moto RAZRs).  When contacts are calling me from work, their outbound numbers differ each time they call (depending on what outbound extension is avalable and selected by the phone system).  As a result, I do not have enough fields to add each work extension to a single contact and I am unable to identify the caller by name when I receive a call.  Please add this fix to the next update, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Noted and explained before

•  

Thanks guys and for all who replied. But i have already solved my problem by giving away my HTC Cruis and bough me a lovely Nokia E71.
    Saturday, August 2, 2008 12:31 PM
  • I agree completely and find this atrocious.

I guess I'll just have to separate all of these people into separate entries.  Yay.
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 1:25 AM
  • Some carriers (Sprint for one) allows you to send SMS messages to landlines and the message is transcribed. So you ought to be allowed to send SMS messages to any phone number, car, home, office whatever.
    Friday, September 12, 2008 10:23 PM