To Create Hyperlink in the Entity Homepage View so that i should able to see the related record of other Entity from that View by clicking on Hyperlink RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

Please provide me the solution for adding Hyperlink field in Entity Homepage View so that from that page only when i click on the Hyperlink i should be able to see related record of the other entity from there itself.

Please scroll towards right for more clearity. I have kept "New Field" Caption and below , the value i required.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraj

Thursday, July 3, 2014 8:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The related entity can only be added to the View if there exists a N:1 relationship between your main entity and the related entity; meaning which a lookup field will be there for the related entity.

To add that related entity to the View, you'll need to go to Settings > Customizations > Customize the System > Expand your main entity > Click on Views > Double click the View (in your case being "active sops_homepages") > Click on Add Columns in the right pane > Select the lookup field for which you want the "hyperlink" to appear.

Once done, save the View and Publish customization.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Thursday, July 3, 2014 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Actually we have one custom entity ,its not directly associated with SOPS Home,its associated with child of SOPS Home so wee need to show this custom entity link in the Sops Home(Parent's of Custom entity Parents).

Regards,
    Nagaraj

Nagaraj

Thursday, July 3, 2014 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

If your custom entity is linked with a child of your SOPS Home entity, it's not possible to show in the View. That's because you'll not be able to select your child entity in the first case. Views only allow you to show data from your Parent entity, meaning any entity parent of SOPS Home can have it's data being possibly shown in the View.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Thursday, July 3, 2014 9:52 AM