MOE error when adding a 3rd pc RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've installed mesh on two computers. One running Vista and one running XP.
    A third computer running XP SP3 keeps giving me an MOE error and won't add the PC.
    It also won't run the app in the sys tray.
    Any thoughts?
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 12:26 PM

All replies

• Any more inforamtion abotut the details of the MOE error?

You may want to file a bug with logs:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:56 PM
  • I get an MOE error when signing in. Software installs, sign in splash screen appears then produces the error and closes.
    No error code. Running XP SP3 and have mesh installed on a Vista PC and a different XP PC. Only the one causing a problem.
    Please help
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:57 PM
  • I merged your new post with the original thread you started earlier. My previous reply about filing a bug is the way for you to go on this.
    Just one question - is the account you are using to install under on the XPSP3 box an administrator account?

-steve
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:40 PM
  • I am always logged in as an administrator and I've sent the CAB file.
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:53 PM
  • Excellent. Thanks for the update and for filing the bug with your logs. If you can also post the link to your bug here, that would be great.
    -steve
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 3:07 PM
  • It would appear there is a problem with the screen driver. I reset it to default monitor on live mesh and it worked.
    Using nvidia quadro FXGo700. Keeps defaulting to the default monitor and then crashes.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 3:23 PM
  • How do I post the link to my bug?
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 3:24 PM
  • In your browser go to Connect and visit the Live Mesh page, going to Feedback. If you are signed in with the same LiveID, you should see "My Feedback" and the one you submitted is a live link. You can right click that link and select copy, then paste that in a reply here. Or just post the feedback number. Thanks for the update above - that's very good information!
    -steve
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 3:31 PM
  • I cannot seem to find what yur asking me to do. Which live mesh page?
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:20 PM
  • Update:
    The application works if I open it from the browser. The MOE monitor crashes as soon as I mouse over it in the sys tray.
    Really shouldn't be this mush of a hassle.
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 7:48 PM
  • I think that the link to your bug is here:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=431086

The Live Mesh page on Connect is here:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh

I agree that it should not be crashing, that's why I asked you to submit a bug report with logs. Thanks for doing that.
    -steve
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:52 PM
  • I think I have this problem solved. The Dell M60 event viewer showed a kmw_dll issue related to moe.
    When I looked up kmw_dll one of the topics was about the Kensington Pocketmouse Pro software.
    Uninstalled the mouseworks software and voila!!!! Tada!!! for those who don't speak French.
    MOE now doesn't crash anymore and the mouse still works with the native XP driver.
    Hope this helps.
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 12:57 PM
  • Thanks for providing information about your finding!
    -steve
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:37 PM