How to import users mapping with Business unit & Security role ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

we are using Online CRM 2013 and below is my organization structure.

Sales Head (1) --> Regional Head (10 regions)--> Group Head (2 for each region)--> BDE (5 under each group head) --> Field representative (3 under each BDE).

for this scenario i have to create separate Business unit for each user till the BDE level to restrict users to view only the records of their subordinates (child BU).

Once i import the user data i need to manually assign the Business unit & security role for each users, which is a difficult task. Is there any option to import users mapping with respective Business unit & security role ? or any other solution ?

Regards

Shankar.B

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:34 AM

All replies

• Instead of doing it for each record, you could select multiple users and Change BU / Manage Roles (assign role).

Other way to do it is to build a custom application that creates users and assigns BU & security role by reading an input file.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:43 PM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:42 PM
  • Hi Mamatha,

sorry for late reply. As i mentioned above i have more than 100 users , each with separate business unit. In that case i cannot assign business unit for multiple users at one shot.

Monday, May 5, 2014 1:06 PM
  • Hi Shankar,

I guess best option in this scenario as Mamatha suggest is to write your custom application which create relevant user to respective BU and assign security roles...

following article provides code related to assign security roles to users

http://thedynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/managing-crm-user-roles-programmatically/

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Monday, May 5, 2014 5:06 PM
    Answerer