WHat exam to do after 70-536 and 70-505 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    I have completed both 70-536 and 70-505 exams. I have 2+ years of experience in Windows Forms Application development. Could anyone suggest me which exam can I take up now? Can I take ADO.net exam or ASP.net exam or sql server exam or some other exam?

    Kindly help me by giving your suggestions.

    Thanks in advance.



    • Split by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:26 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:15 PM


  • You have taken the exams that you need to achieve the certification "MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Forms Applications". If you want to get more certifications on version 3.5, you can take additional exams such as ADO.NET (70-561) and WCF(70-503), or perhaps even ASP.NET(70-562). You can also take the "PRO" exam (70-563) which (along with the required MCTS's) will give you the MCPD certification. Note, however, that these exams will be retired in July 2013.

    Once you have the MCPD on version 3.5, you can upgrade it to version 4.0 by means of exam 70-521 (for windows applications) or 70-523 (for web). Again, these exams will be retired in July 2013.

    If you are worried that you will not be ready by the retirement date, then you may prefer to go straight ahead to the newest exams on Visual Studio 2012. Your options can be found in the following link:


    Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:06 AM