Issue Deactivating 'Partner Portal Administrators' web role in Dynamcs CRM 2011 Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I assigned and activated the Partner Portal Admin web role to a partner contact in CRM online 2011 to test the editing features of the Partner Portal Solution.

I then Deactivated the web role for the that user but when I login to the portal with the partner contact user I can still edit the site.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks - Abby

Monday, February 21, 2011 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hey Abby,

This was a bug that is now fixed so the final release will not have this problem. In the meantime you have to stop and restart your azure application or recycle your app pool if you're on IIS.

Thanks
    - Palak

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Abby,

It might be due to caching. Can you run the following from the Address bar in IE and then try again?

javascript:var sURL=document.location.protocol + '//' +document.location.host;var oHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP.6.0"); oHttp.Open('GET',sURL+'/Cache.axd?Message=InvalidateAll&d=' + (new Date()).valueOf(),false);oHttp.Send();window.location.reload(true);

Thanks
    - Palak

Monday, February 21, 2011 9:20 PM
  • Hi Palak,

Thanks for the promt reply.

I followed your instructions and the issue still remains.

After running the script from the IE address bar I get a message "IE has modified this page to hepl prevent cross-site scripting" and a "#" in the the page.

Thanks

Abby

Monday, February 21, 2011 9:35 PM
  • Hi Abby,

Are you using IE9? Can you please try the following:

Save this code as an html file, load it in IE and click "Allow Blocked Content" at the prompt.

<html><head>
    <script>
    var sURL=document.location.protocol + '//' +document.location.host;
    var oHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP.6.0");
    oHttp.Open('GET',sURL+'/Cache.axd?Message=InvalidateAll&d=' + (new Date()).valueOf(),false);
    oHttp.Send();
    window.location.reload(true);
    </script></head><body></body></html>

Thanks
    - Palak

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:05 AM
  • Hi Palak,

Yes I am using IE9.

I ran the script as suggested and still having the same issue.

I have also tried logging in from IE8 and the same issue is generated.

Thanks

Abby

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:38 PM
  • Hey Abby,

This was a bug that is now fixed so the final release will not have this problem. In the meantime you have to stop and restart your azure application or recycle your app pool if you're on IIS.

Thanks
    - Palak

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:00 PM
  • Hey Palak,

Thats great to know but will there be another release before production version to test this fixes?

I have tried you suggestion and restarted the Azure Application twice and still the same issue.

Thanks,

Abby

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:20 AM