none
how to set service library path RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    how do I configure the library path for a service?  Is it just PATH var in <environmentVariables> in the service .config?  If so, is %PATH%;newstuff the correct syntax?
    Other vendors do this like so
    DataSynapse - grid-library.xml file - <grid-library><lib-path> section
    Platform - service profile - <Profile><Service><osTypes><osType><env> section
    thanks
    Phil
    Monday, October 5, 2009 1:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What do you mean by library path here? Is it the directories to search for referenced dlls? If so, HPC 2008 doesn't support syntax like %PATH%;newstuff, the %PATH% part in the value field won't be expanded.

If you do need to expand this variable, I suggest using the customized service host command line as a work around.

-yiding
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What do you mean by library path here? Is it the directories to search for referenced dlls? If so, HPC 2008 doesn't support syntax like %PATH%;newstuff, the %PATH% part in the value field won't be expanded.

If you do need to expand this variable, I suggest using the customized service host command line as a work around.

-yiding
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 8:35 AM
  • Hi,
    I'm trying to append to the system %PATH% variable within the context of my service.  As I mentioned, both DataSynapse and Platform provide a mechanism for this.  What is the equivalent mechanism with HPC Server?
    thanks
    Phil

Thursday, October 8, 2009 3:20 PM