Product key RRS feed

• Question

• My trial was running out, so I purchased OneCare on a CD.  Then I found out the price had changed to $19.95...oh well, anyway the product key above the barcode isn't accepted when I try to install it.  I've uninstalled the trial before loading the CD.  Do you have to clean it out before using the program again?  Maybe I need to wait til the trial ends.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 6:15 PM

Answers

• You do not need to remove the trial software. Simply click subscribe from within OneCare and select the option to activate with a product key. The key is located inside the retail package, typically on a yellow/orange sticker on the back side of the tray where you find the CD. To my recollection, there is no bar code on that sticker, so I think you're entering the wrong numbers.

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 3:50 PM

All replies

• You do not need to remove the trial software. Simply click subscribe from within OneCare and select the option to activate with a product key. The key is located inside the retail package, typically on a yellow/orange sticker on the back side of the tray where you find the CD. To my recollection, there is no bar code on that sticker, so I think you're entering the wrong numbers.

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 3:50 PM
  • bhr7701,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare Program forums.

Please follow the instructions from Stephen B. In addition, you can also refer to the kb article for subscribing to OneCare:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935899/en-us

Lori MS

Monday, October 6, 2008 5:11 PM
  • I tried entering a Key Code and it will not accept it - Why? I have a 3 license copy and it has only been used once.
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:36 PM
  •  Amy Jo Haywood wrote:
    I tried entering a Key Code and it will not accept it - Why? I have a 3 license copy and it has only been used once.

If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

On the first PC, open OneCare and click Help and then About to see your Subscription ID. That is the LiveID to sign in with.

If the activation dialog already contains a LiveID from a prior attempt or one used in trial mode, but this is not the one you need to activate with to associate it with your subscription, see this post for how to reset this - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2776450&SiteID=2

For more information see Instant Help - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2&mkt=en-us&querytype=topic&query=OneCare_PROC_FindLiveIDHelp.htm

-steve

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:45 PM