How to update bulk of Primary Contact in Account? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have records in Contact and Account. Now I need to update the Primary Contact in Account. How to update the field for many records?

Thanks,

Eric

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:04 AM

Answers

• Here are some of the options based on your data load and complexity

1. Export data from CRM (mark it to be made available for re-import) and then update the primary contact in excel. Importing it will then update the accounts

2. Use this creative workaround if you get your csv from some other source and can't export data from CRM.

3. If you can write code or have huge data then consider building a simple app to read the csv and update CRM data.

4. Third party tools like Scribe

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Edited by Mamatha Swamy Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:09 AM added link
    • Proposed as answer by Payman BiukaghazadehEditor Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kire Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:54 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:58 AM

All replies

• If you want to do that manually (find accounts using advanced find and update the primary contact for the resultant records) then you can select all records (or hold shift and select) and click edit. You will be presented with the bulk edit screen where you  can update the primary contact.

Refer this for more options.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:27 AM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:27 AM
  • each account has a different primary contact. I want to upload it from a csv file
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:30 AM
  • Here are some of the options based on your data load and complexity

1. Export data from CRM (mark it to be made available for re-import) and then update the primary contact in excel. Importing it will then update the accounts

2. Use this creative workaround if you get your csv from some other source and can't export data from CRM.

3. If you can write code or have huge data then consider building a simple app to read the csv and update CRM data.

4. Third party tools like Scribe

• Edited by Mamatha Swamy Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:09 AM added link
    • Proposed as answer by Payman BiukaghazadehEditor Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kire Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:54 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:58 AM